This post provides you procedure for music songs library file transfer from iPod iPhone to computer. Procedure is same for iPhone iPad to iTunes transfer. Why you need iPhone data transfer from apple devices to computer. When you purchase new mobile. You have data contact film movies on older iPhone. And it require to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone or any other apple devices.
Iphone iPad data file transfer can be done by many ways.
1) Take backup of apple mobile on iTunes and then restore iPhone with that backup.
2) Similarly take backup on icloud and then restore on iPad. Apple iPhone restore
is very useful when you are doing apple device troubleshooting. This will allow to secure data backup.
3) If apple devices have ios 11 or later version then you don’t need iTunes computer. Just use quick start menu. It needs apple id and passcode for data transfer.
4) And if you require to transfer purchase only . Then you don’t need any software or computer. Just open iTunes store on new iPhone iPad. Log in with apple id. And within iTunes there is option select transfer purchase. This will download all purchased songs, music album, films, tv shows on new device. This is best way for iPhone data transfer.
But what if you have older iPod like mini, shuffle. And you want to transfer music iPod to computer. Here you cannot use above option. IPod touch 6 will support latest version of ios and iPod touch 6 allow above methods. But for older iPod,
Procedure for ipod to computer data transfer.
1) Start iPod in disk mode. This is the first step for iPod data transfer to iTunes computer.
2) Start iTunes on computer. You can download latest version from internet. It is free.
3) Now connect iPod to computer using usb data cable.
4) iPod will appear within iTunes. And it will sync iPod to iTunes library.
5) Here you can manually manage music or keep automatically. Within automatically option, iTunes sync iPod when you connect to computer. While manually it requires to do process manually. When music data are transferred from computer to iPod. Make sure iPod have enough free space. As computer has Tera Byte hard disk while iPod has only 64 to 128 GB disk space.
6) To check free space available on iPod. Connect iPod to computer. Then open iTunes, within summary tab. Select device iPod. At the bottom of iTunes you will see free space on iPod.
7) Now to transfer your iTunes library including music, video, contact etc. locate iTunes library on computer.
If you have windows operating system computer then location for iTunes folder is document and settingadminmy documents my music.
Macintosh operating system location of iTunes folder is usersusernamemusic. Now copy this folder and paste it on iPod folder. This will take few minutes to transfer music videos from iPod to computer.