Gutters and downspouts play a big part in making sure your home is protected from water and moisture damage. Annual gutter maintenance includes cleaning them of debris, such as leaves, sticks or animal nests. Also, remove downspout cages and clean them. Clogged or leaky gutters can result in water spilling out. This could lead to major problems like the sinking of foundation walls, cracking of basement.
Below are the tips for rain gutter repair and cleaning.
Thoroughly cleaning your gutters every spring and fall will help them keep working like they supposed too. Your gutters become clogged with leaves and debris. which can cause damage to your downspouts and also cause water damage to your roof.
The first and most important thing before the cleaning and rain gutter repair in long island is checking weather forecast before you start gutter cleanings.
- Start with cleaning large debris by hand.
- You can use a trowel to clear out compacted debris.
- Wear the latex gloves under the work gloves to avoid bad odor from wet debris.
- Also, remove and clean any downspout strainers.
- Once you remove the debris flush out whatever remain with the hose.
- Hold the nozzle of hose in such way that remaining debris will move towards downspout.
- To clear out clogs from the bottom of downspout feed the hose up into the downspout and turn on the water.
- While cleaning if you found any leakage in gutters, fix it with the gutter sealant after the gutter get dried.
- After you done with cleaning replace any loose or missing gutter hangers with a new one.
Now, your gutter is perfectly clean from any debris. But it’s better to keep that debris in the first place by adding gutter screen over the gutter.
It’s a wise idea to clean your gutters regularly. But question is, how often should you clean the gutters? You should clean it twice a year. The safest way to get your gutters cleaned is by hiring a professional. At Advanced seamless gutters in long island, our staff is trained and has the knowledge to safely clean your gutters and downspouts. It’s our duty to make sure, your gutters can handle whatever the mother nature dishes out. It will cost you less to hire us rather than repair damage from flooding or broken gutters. Our mission is to provide cost effective service for gutter cleaning, gutter repair and installation of new gutter in long island.